Sunday, September 02, 2012

Regular Exercise

 

My desired workout frequency is 5 days a week. Lately, I have been doing well to get 3 days in and am very happy when I manage 4 times.

Achieving regular 4x plus per week is wonderful and once in the groove it's great...if I can keep it up. But after a while something invariably comes up and the frequency drops....and once that happens....it's easy to start making excuses...and it starts dropping to 3... then 2 or even once per week....or when really bad...none at all....and once at the bottom of the barrel...it's a struggle to get up to a good frequency again.

I know that some people are lucky (?) to feel physically bad when they don't workout...so it keeps them motivated to workout regularly. I, unfortunately, am not one of those people.

So take today....I went...for the third time this week and the third day in four days...pretty good. But I did a long workout...using relatively new equipment at the gym, which I am still not used to. Plus, I have to admit that I was not really in the mood for it. So it was a hard workout. Nevertheless, I did it. And I am certainly better for doing so.

Now, all I need to do is find some way to keep the momentum going:))

 

No comments: